Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 One Word Goal




I guess I missed the boat on doing a big 2011 year in review and what I learned, blah blah blah. I found the idea for "2012 One Word Goal" here.  I love the idea of picking one word that encompasses your goals for the new year. The blogger describes the goal as:

"not with things that we’ll end up forgetting.
But real things. That you can really accomplish.
And I promise you’ll feel amazingly inspired by it!"
                                            

The word I picked is



Nourish encompasses everything I want to accomplish in 2012:


Nourish my body:
We have a tendency to eat out a lot and that obviously isn't the best fuel for any of our bodies. I've committed to cooking 6 out of 7 nights of the week in order to nourish my family's bodies with healthy food. Also trying to be healthy by working out consistently.


Nourish relationships:
I learned the hard way the effects of quantity versus quality with a few relationships last year. This year I'm making it a priority to nourish the quality relationships that I have been blessed with and see people through my own lenses versus letting others tint how I view people.


Nourish my spiritual life:
Spiritually my life has been dry in the past few months, I'm trying to reignite the flame by reading the bible daily. It's something I have always want to do, but have never made the effort until now.


Nourish my mind: 
I've toyed with the idea of going back to school for a few years and finally took the first steps this week by applying to the local community college. I'm not sure where I want to end up, but for now want to get my general ed completed. I'm excited at the future with this.


I really like the idea of picking one word vs many goals that end up becoming frustrating and thrown aside which in turn makes us feel like failures. Although it's 31 days in, I'm looking forward to what 2012 brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment