Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Recipe: Crockpot Buffalo Chicken

One of our resolutions is to eat dinner at home more often so I'm making it a priority to try new recipes, which I will share here.  If you follow me on Pinterest, you might also see the recipes there as well.

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is seriously one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, so wonderful and convenient to throw together in the morning on a day that you know will be busy. It definitely will be perfect when baseball starts up again and there is just no time to cook a meal on practice or game nights.

Details:

  • 3lb bag of frozen chicken breasts
  • 1 bottle Original Frank's Buffalo Sauce
  • 1 packet Ranch Dip Mix
  • 2 TBSP Butter
  1. Put frozen chicken, wing sauce and ranch dip mix into crockpot
  2. Cook on low at least 6-7 hours
  3. Using two forks, shred chicken and return to crockpot
  4. Add butter
  5. Cook on low an additional hour (I set a timer for 1hr before the meal would be done and did steps 3-5)

What I loved about it: 
- You put the chicken in frozen.  FROZEN! How fabulous is that?
- The chicken shreds so easily - I seriously hate shredding chicken, but this came apart simply by touching it.
- The chicken was moist and flavorful
- It makes a ton of chicken which is great for leftovers. We had it as a protein for a salad, but it would be great with rice, in taquitos, in a sandwich, I really think the possibilities are endless on this one.

What would I change:
- I think it could have been spicier. The original post talks about using the buffalo wing sauce instead of original Franks and I think I might that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment