Thursday, July 15, 2010

Girls Weekend


This past weekend my awesome hubby took over and let me hang out for two nights with my two great friends Christal & Staci at Lake McClure. Staci's family owns a houseboat and was gracious enough to let us come up and spend part of the weekend with them. Of course we all forgot our cameras, so the only surviving pic (that I know of) is the one above of one of the boat launching areas.

We arrived early Saturday evening, had dinner and then went in for a swim. I hadn't swam in at least 2 years due to being on dialysis (you can't get your port wet which makes even bathing/washing your hair an adventure!) so I was a little leery of getting in but finally got up the courage to dive on in. I forgot how much I enjoy swimming and the water in general! We had a great night hanging with Staci's sister's family (the parents of the infamous Kailey), Staci's mom and a friend of the family. It was a lot of fun, most of it at Miss Staci's expense...gotta love her. We spent the night on top of the houseboat and my word the stars were absolutely fabulous.

The next day we started with another swim then went out on the boat with Kristi driving. Christal and I had never been wake-boarding before, so we both got up the courage to give it a go and LOVED it. So challenging, yet so much fun. We both were so close to getting up on the board, and I think if we had another day or two there we would have mastered it. After lunch we said goodbye to Staci's family as they went back home. Another afternoon of swimming with some dive contests between Staci and I (I'm not competitive at all ;) and the girls talked me into jumping off the top of the houseboat into the water. It took all my courage to actually do it, but Christal pulled out the trump card "do it for kidney-versary!" so after some dramatics from Christal stomping up the stairs to make me jump, I took the plunge...literally (I know, I know bad pun). Another great night was spent talking, playing games and sleeping under God's creation. I really was in awe of how beautiful it is, we are so blessed.

The next day we went out for one more boat ride and Christal tried to get up on the wake-board, I couldn't try due to a run in between my toe and the garbage compactor (only me), then we packed up to leave.

It was a quick and fantastic trip, but I still missed my boys. Andrew would absolutely love to play in the water like we did, and if he knew Kailey was up there I'd be in so much trouble. Looking forward to the next lake trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment