Saturday, July 17, 2010

Kidneyversary! (1 year since transplant)

Early morning one year ago today (July 17, 2009) my amazing friend and kidney donor Dan & I were waiting for our respective surgeries to start. I knew my life would change after transplant, but never realized how absolutely fantastic, vibrant and just plain "well" I would feel. I'll never forget as they wheeled him off for surgery past my curtained area and he quipped (obviously already feeling the effects of the happy meds) "I've got something for ya!" little did I know it was pretty much the most perfect kidney.

Today I'm spending the day thankful for the second chance I've had at life. Without Dan's generous gift I wouldn't be living as healthy and well as I am, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends
John 15:13



No comments:

Post a Comment