Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of 1st Grade

Today was A's first day of 1st grade, I can't believe time has gone by so fast. It literally feels like yesterday that we brought him home to stay with us for the first weekend. I had a rough time last night after he went to bed (definitely didn't want him to see Mommy's tears) coming to terms with the fact that my little buddy wouldn't be around in the afternoons to hang out with me anymore. He started full school days going from 8:45-3:15.

Thankfully, he loves school and is such a social little guy so it makes it a lot easier for him in new situations. He was so excited to go today to see all his friends, have two recesses, and learn new things. Randy and I were concerned with how he would be at the end of the day figuring he'd be tired and horribly grumpy but I was pleasantly surprised to find him totally content and happy! We went to The Penny Creamery with some friends from school to celebrate the first day. Such a great milestone and day.






No comments:

Post a Comment