Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend....It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Thanksgiving was spent at my brother-in-law's girlfriend's house (hopefully future sister-in-law?).  Melanie was an awesome hostess and it was a ton of fun to hang with her parents, Randy's parents and a few cousins. Everything was delicious and the table was beautiful.

gorgeous table setting


Friday we went up to visit my grandparents and parents and have Thanksgiving with them. As always it was good to see my grandparents and spend some quality time with them. The boys found some wild turkeys behind their house and had fun playing laser tag.


 wild turkeys




 Andrew playing laser tag




Jaiden playing laser tag



Saturday we used a Groupon I had bought for Global Winter Wonderland in Santa Clara.  It was an interesting display of lanterns and lights, definitely worth going if you bought the Groupon (there's another one for sale right now) but I don't know that I'd go again and pay full price. It was also cool because one of Randy's cousin's restaurants was running a stand so it was good to visit and catch up with her.

Andrew in front of the dragon





 The family under the light canopy... Andrew had a wee too much cotton candy



After the Winter Wonderland, we met up with my parents in Los Gatos for hot cocoa and a drive through Vasona Park's Fantasy of Lights.  I didn't know my mom had wanted to go for a long time, but never asked us. It was fun to experience it with Andrew's grandparents and helped to kick off the Christmas season!


No comments:

Post a Comment