Wednesday, December 7, 2011

You're a good man



God has truly blessed me with an amazing husband that I am so thankful for. When Randy and I were married almost 10 years ago, the vow "in sickness and in health" hit home for both of us due to my Lupus, however I don't think either of us realized the fullness of which that vow would be tested in the first 10 years of our marriage.

Randy has always put me first when it comes to finding a job. You see, it's imperative that I have health insurance due to both the Lupus and kidney transplant. Randy had an interview today for something that would be pretty close to his dream job and his chances of getting it are pretty high, but they do not offer health insurance for spouses or family. It is such a dagger in my heart to know that I essentially am the dead weight that keeps him from moving into a job that he would flourish in. He is such an amazing man and has so much to offer the world and I can't help but think how much easier it would be for him to move to a position he loved if he didn't have to always worry about my health being taken care of.

This was the card we were dealt though, and I am beyond grateful that my husband has truly honored the vow of 'in sickness and in health" when most men his age haven't even had to entertain the thought of such a thing.

Thank you Randy. Thank you for being such an amazing friend, husband, father, provider, emotional support and all around good man.  I love you.

If you are a praying person, please keep this job in your prayers. Randy will be sending them a counter offer to include health insurance for me. We just ask if this job is meant to be that they will respond positively and agree to providing me with insurance, as well as me being able to join the plan despite my pre-existing condition.











No comments:

Post a Comment