Wednesday, December 23, 2009

3 Days Before Christmas Eve

Last night I was in the kitchen making dinner and Andrew was talking with Randy about how it's almost Christmas Eve when suddenly Andrew blurts out "you know there's no such thing as Santa.....Or reindeer.....Or sleighs." Randy and I both respond with "yes, sleighs are real and so are reindeer." And I ask "where did you hear that Santa wasn't real from." No response. So I ask again, and his response was "from TV."

Obviously there are lots of places where he could hear that Santa isn't real - school, church, friends, TV, but it makes me sad to think that small piece of childhood might already be gone. He's growing up so quickly as it is. Obviously Christmas isn't all about Santa and the gifts, but there is something special about that Christmas "magic" that a child has in their heart.

Does Santa visit your house? Do your kids still believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment