Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Recipe

My friend Christal decided to do a new thing and try a new recipe each week. Sounded like a good plan to me, what's not to love? Possibly add a new recipe to the repertoire (assuming the hubby likes it and I won't hold my breath to see if the kiddo likes it) and try new things! So tonight I made Cornbread Tamale Pie and it was a hit. A HIT I tell you! R loved it and I did as well. So without further adieu I give you the recipe:

CORNBREAD TAMALE PIE

2 1/2 lb. ground beef

1 onion, chopped

2 cans tomato soup

2 cans water

2 cans Mexicali corn

2 tbsp. chili powder

1/2 tsp. pepper

1 tsp. salt

2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix

Salsa sauce; optional (I left it out, the spice was just fine as is)


Brown ground beef and onions, if excess fat, drain. Add tomato soup, water, corn, seasonings, and salsa sauce. Blend together and simmer for 15 minutes. Add spices to taste. Pour mixture in baking pan, preferably 13 x 9 cake pan. Mix corn muffin mix following the box directions. Pour over meat mixture.

Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment