Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fallen Behind


So I've majorly fallen behind in updating. The Disneyland Birthday Trip was fantastic. So much fun to hang and play with the girls. Quite a few moments of sadness though seeing little ones running up to the characters and having a blast at the parks. Definitely made me miss my little guy.

We drove down to San Diego on Friday night (12/11) and stayed with Christal's family for two nights. They were great hosts and we loved spending time with them. Sunday morning we left at 6am for Disneyland! I've never done the park from open to almost close before. We usually stay near or on site so you can go back for a rest or to the pool, etc. It made for a long, but really fun day! Christal and Staci (in particular) hadn't been on A LOT of the rides, so it was cool to be able to share those experiences. Sunday night we stayed with Christal's SLO (now in SoCal) family. It was great to hang & get to k now them better.

Monday was Christal's big day! As part of 2009 people get into one of the parks free on their birthday, so we headed out to DCA (Disney's California Adventure for non-disney dorks). Monday, December 14th was also the one year anniversary of my seizures - it's amazing how time flies! It was hard to be away from Randy for that day, he's the one that saw everything go down, but it was really special to be able to physically do something so different than being in a hospital like I was a year ago...we didn't know what the future held at that point. To commemorate the big day I decided that I needed to face my fears and go on Tower of Terror. I mean, if I can get a kidney transplant and go through dialysis for 6 months I can handle falling a dozen or so stories on a ride, right? I was so scared waiting in the queue wishing I hadn't said I'd do it! I get nervous around heights and dropping just didn't seem like a good plan anymore. I did end up going on it, and latching on to Stace during the ride while I was laughing so hard I was crying, and it's now my new favorite ride at DCA! Who knew.

The day finished with a loooong drive back, avoiding two accidents, getting stared down by a mean woman at starbucks (I thought she was going to jump me!) and my first visit to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (loved it!). Such a great trip, thanks ladies!


1 comment: