Friday, December 11, 2009

So Blessed

I think it's good to recognize the blessings you have. I'm blessed with a loving God; an amazingly wonderful, generous husband; a beautiful, smart, healthy son; restored health through a kidney transplant (which was donated by an amazing friend); a home; great family; and some truly amazing friends.

My good friend Christal is going to Disneyland for her birthday this weekend. Last year I wasn't able to spend her birthday with her as I had suffered 2 grand mal seizures as a result of my kidney failure (more on that in posts to come). This year it didn't look like I'd be able to spend it with her again. Construction has been rough this year and work has been light for Randy. Last night I was approached with the offer of an expense paid trip to join Christal and Staci to celebrate. How many times does that happen in your lifetime? And what an awesome God we have that blessed me with such great friends with generous hearts! And an amazing husband that says "go, you deserve it." Yeah, I wept.

So I won't be posting for a few days, but I think it's excusable! Have a great weekend everyone, I know I will!

2 comments:

  1. SOoooooooooooo much fun! So glad you got to come and that we got to spend my best birthday ever together!!

    PS Mickey, you have gophers in your garden. :p

    ReplyDelete